7/11/07

"There are places I remember/ Some have gone and some have changed . . ."

Oh, Joe, you're right. I forgot. We breathed and walked and ate and slept in the same house! (Whoa, for all you DLMs--Dirty Little Minds--we didn't live there at the same time.) I loved that house with all its little artistic touches left over from your fam.-even the color is the same as my farm house now--the wood floors, pedestal sink, wooden shutters. My first house!
Nothing could have pulled me from that little Birch street heaven except inheriting an instant family of five extra children along with a husband whom I couldn't fit in (or with or around . . . but we won't go there today). Though I'm not complaining about the "instant children" part; how wonderful to inherit three extra sons without the . . . uhhh . . . 3 x 9 equals ? one heck of a lot of pregnant days (See Jaren? That GRE Math is gonna take me down). But I do love my children.
Megan had a dream, and in the dream she owned a big house in another country, but she didn't know where. She walked out the back door and kept walking through pine trees. But before she got through the trees, she heard laughing and singing; then the trees opened up into a grassy place where a little cabin sat by a creek. And she realized that this was her mother's house. The whole meadow was filled with children--all dressed in white--dancing and playing. And in the dream, she couldn't stop smiling.
I said, "Sure, you're making that up, Girl; . . . and was Keith Urban there, by any chance, anywhere?" (or did you see a gallant Scottish man?) But, she swears by this dream. "And, no, Mom, there were no men anywhere. You were the only grown-up [questionable]. You were showing a little boy some fish in a Japanese-like rock pool. And he was laughing and laughing."
And, JW, I believe it was in JG's house that I last slept a full night's sleep. This insomnia is annoying. Grrrrr . . .

2 comments:

Grifter said...

I loved that house. That was the place where I saw Haley's Comet. Many of the good years were spent on Birch. Magic, purely.

parkinfamily said...

We must be cosmically connected somehow Sharon. I heard this song tonight while I was eating dinner (probably about the same time you wrote this) and I started thinking of the lyrics and I thought of you. We're you trying to send me some message from Idaho? I do love this song though.