7/27/07

Emily's Declaration to Sharon

I'm coming up Monday night to experience culture with you and then I'm running into the mountains with you on Tuesday and going with you to the rodeo on the 2nd and hanging around until I have to move out of my office in Logan at the end of the week. Possibly not until the next Monday. I'll let you know. And no, I don't have malaria, but I rather felt like I did because I hit the peak of my fever just as I reached the peak of Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible and that about set me off on a whole new range of nightmares...... That book was worlds better than Bean Trees. And I loved Bean Trees. Are you finished with it yet, Jen? I want to hear what you think about where all the characters ended up.
Also, can we add Hugh Grant to the list? Here is the following reason why I think Hugh Grant should join the list before Sting
Jen, back me up.

2 comments:

S.Morgan said...

Wow. Great pictures! . . . Hugh Grant, I love him as an actor, but ethically? Are you trying to be funny, Girl? Or don't you know much about his very public, stupid "mistakes"? (I keep hearing Jay Leno saying to him "What were you thinking?") Maybe I have to add Jude Law and George Harrison.
Glad you're coming up. It's not the cultural parade that I like so much as the over-priced Peruvian flutes and tie-died scarfs from the Eastern block countries they sell at those quaint little booths, and sometimes a lute player sings. (I don't get out much anymore.) But don't make any dumb comments at the rodeo, as that is my favorite counter culture now, and I don't want you to embarrass me. I have two fly poles and two bags in the trunk. We'll get the rest on the way.

Emily G said...

I won't say a negative word about the rodeo, just so long as you tell me what I need to wear. Denim on denim? I don't want to look too out of place. I'm really excited to go, though, with a real former rodeo queen.

And if we're talking ethics, Jude Law would never work. But I adore Jude Law when he isn't actually living out his own life. They can both stay I think. And George Harrison I wholeheartedly approve. (Speaking of Jude Law, I'm just getting into Thirteen Moons, the second book of Charles Frazier who wrote Cold Mountain? It's fabulous. I'm bringing it with me.)