7/22/07

"God is great, Sabu; He plays with us." Out of Africa

Chan, Chan, my man, it’s about time you stepped in here. Redford stays for sure; besides I never notice if men are short or tall--is that a guy thing? JP used to measure all our boys with marks on the wall as if it were some obscene contest. I kid you not. He never measured Meg or granddaughter Jordyn. Is tall more . . . what? I don’t get it. It seemed like JP felt whoever was taller had more intelligence, would marry a princess, and die rich. Plus, Redford's politics are very close to mine, and he’s a mountain person who trains his own horses (OK, I lied about the training part, but he does ride well.). Really, what more is there? And skin? Posh and phew. In the resurrection, no such thing matters. But Pacino is playing a close second--very cute in Author, Author. And in Dog Day Afternoon (is that the film I’m thinking of JG, with “Attica. Attica”), he plays a bank robber who is so confused and helpless that I wanted to take him home and feed him chicken soup. But he had to have his day in the sun and then he dies. (I liked him lots in Bobby Deerfield). He's short also, I think. .. .I’m tired of the man game, anyway. I have great male friends (on this blog even) and that’s enough. I’m going to list my favorite women now.
Hey, Warnick brothers, have you seen the HP movie that sent our friend Jen into Ga Ga land? Crush for sure, Charity. She’s probably knitting Potter a pink sweater to keep him warm as we blog. First, Sweet Jen (SJ), I can't sympathize because I can't stand that age group, who spend half their time loud and obnoxious, and the other half as painfully shy, hiding behind each other—shoving and pushing—and in between all that, they have 1000 toilet jokes and sounds . Second, the whole "waving wand" thing was a little much? No. Sorry. Forgive me. (It’s hard being the only member of this blog who was bored into sleep by HP.) Let me repent. In fact, I was inspired by the tiny cute wands--made me want to hack down a willow branch and carve me a little stick to kill people with also. (I can see SJ from here, stamping her foot and shooting off fire sparks of anger that may seriously injure the baby if she doesn't’t calm down. Ha ha,)
And, Charity, I’m horrified that you have not watched Out of Africa—an art film with color, texture, and African scenery that stopped my breathing—based around Isak Dinesin’s life, and directed & produced by Sydney Pollack. Visual treat; picked up every set and cinematography award that year. Redford and Streepe have been on safari, shooting lions and such, and he is washing her hair and quoting Kipling. It’s pure eroticism. Rent it. I think you’ll like it. Em . . . how’s shooting Alligators in Florida going. Joe found us a cheaper place in Paris that’s still close in. . . . Oh crap. The morning birds are singing again. I need an operation to cut this insomnia out of me. CSI style.

9 comments:

charityeve said...

I'm developing a crush on YOU, sweet Sharon. I can't tell you how lovely it is that you want to bring home a bank robber so you can feed him chicken soup. I'll watch this eroticism you suggest, I'm in need of a good movie but the other will do as well. I HAVE seen the bathing scene in the LAST film you recommended, bouncing schlongs and wet, wrestling bodies. We kept watching, confident it would be the "brief" nudity promised, unaware you meant the underwear and not the lapse of time, by the 2nd hour of flapping johns we were tripping over each-other in angst for remote relief--too mystified to use the actual player buttons while the remote laughed at us from under the couch. It's not THAT kind of erotic, is it? My Mother-in-law is scheduled to visit this week and she just might have an opinion about that.

Chan said...

I saw the most recent Harry Potter, and I loved it. The duel at the end made me wet my pants. Almost. Don't make a wand out of willow, Sis. Morgan (I know, everyone calls you Sharon on here, it'll take me a while). Don't you have a huge, dead pine tree laying around, compliments of a beaver, also dead?

Sting is into horses. And if you married him you wouldn't have to change your last name again, because he doesn't even have one.

parkinfamily said...

I don't have a crush on Harry Potter...I would have thought that you would have known me better than that Sharon. You know that it is my perogative to stick up for the picked on and hated (Calypso, Daisy Buchanan and on this blog, according to Sharon, Harry Potter). And I am sure that I am not the only one who would stick up for him...Em where are you? Back me up here. Oh and I do not knit, but if I did, I would make you a pink sweater long before I made one for Harry Potter, although a fictional character may appreciate it more than you would.

Jaren Watson said...

Once again, I apologize for my spouse's allegiance to graphic description. She is beautiful as a flower and subtle as a wrecking ball.

charityeve said...

I feel a bruise forming on my ego--a wrecking ball? Even with the compliment it hurts. Sorry if I'm soiling you all's minds (there's some Kentucky in me after all). I'll try to sensor better.

Grifter said...

Marrying Sting would render Sharon as either "The Fourth Police," "Mrs. Sting," "Stingette" or "Sharon Sumner," all excellent possibilities.

This Sting idea seconded. Plus he's, you know, like, Tantric and all.

S.Morgan said...

Sting is classy; his own man. "Mrs. Sting?" hmmmm . . . Charity, Out of Africa is stunning, if you like cinematography, the color green, and rebels. Streepe, who is never beautiful, is a 10, and I want all of her clothes. Redford tells her a Masai tribesman will die if locked up because they don't understand "tomorrow." They only see today, so they think the bars are forever. Redford buys his first airplane and flies over 1000 white birds. I gasped. This film is why I'm going into film editing and cinematography in the Millenium. When one of our European tour wanted me to go with her to buy La Mouge, I laughed out loud.
Jen, in spite of your offer to knit me a sweater (this is why I call you Sweet Jen), I still stand firm against HP.If I can predict a movie, it's got to have something else, something strong, though I did like the set design--and Luna. Where does this line come from? "I got a loaded 45, and you got pimples."

Grifter said...

Scent of a Woman.

I once rented this and allowed it to acquire a late fee (customary). When I returned to rent another movie, the cashier told me I had a late fine and read the title aloud so that everyone in the store could hear it. The guy behind me snorted, and made some ridiculous comment about me renting skin flicks. True story.

S.Morgan said...

JG, you're amazing. "Skin flick"? Tell me where he lives and I'll shoot him with my pistol. Everybody else--I am NOT recommending this film as it is very R rated! (But it's also certainly one I could NOT predict.)