6/26/07

Guardian Angels (Rating. G for gush.)


Many times, God can't get through to me, though I know He wants to, because I'm looking backward or forward or to the side instead of toward Him. I dabble in smallness, because it's easier. I miss God--even long to feel Him close by, and I miss that unearthly peace, but I'm unwilling to go to His throne because sometimes He asks a lot (anyone know what I mean?). But, sometimes I think He misses me, and He sends a real live angel to talk directly to my face, to remind me of what I want, and where I intend to go. This time he came in one of the Warnick brother's bodies--as in Chandler, the Chan, Sandman.

He shows up at a party a couple of weeks ago, though he's supposed to be catching snakes in the Utah dessert with Em. He's first there and last to leave. He sat on my stairs, spewing out whole profound inspiration about the Atonement that showed me a way to melt this hard cannon ball in my throat, and--not-to-over-do-it--I saw light for the first time in a loooong time. My eyes were bugging out. I don't understand the Atonement--it's so . . . big. But he showed me how to "use" it anyway. Bravo, Chan. Where did you get those words? How do you know those things? Yet, he actually thinks he's in "spiritual shambles." How ironic. And where's his errant brother, Tanner? Probably skinning rattlers in Arizona to make hippie headbands?

6 comments:

Jaren Watson said...

I would wear a headband made out of a good hippie any day. But I'm not sure what skinning rattlers has to do with it. Must be for practice; hippies can be wily critters.

A fine post, Sharon. I'm happy you had that experience. The Atonement is omni-sided, new and intriguing from every angle. I suppose that what we're able to comprehend in this life is but a scratch-and-sniff sticker, when the real deal is an orchard of limes, plump with juice under a pleasant sun. It's going to be so lovely, the gushing of that first bite.

Chan said...

Thanks Sister Morgan. I read the post once this morning, and then again in the evening because I was feeling low.

Emily G said...

Hey, it's the Chan Chan in the electronic flesh! As for Tan Tan of the rest of the Warnick clan, have no fear because I'm bunking up with him again come the end of August. I'll be a special spy for Sharon and Chandler. Chan, you should come work for ANASAZI!!!!! And you should also post on this website. We should be better friends. This I know.

Oh, and I would also like a good headband made out of hippie. Jaren, if you russle us up one, can we shoot it with the gun that killed Sharon's beaver?

Grifter said...

Wait..I think I just made a connection. Although I have never met Chandler, I know Tanner slightly, but are Tanner and Chandler related to Berrett (sp?) Warnick?

or more appropriately, if you re-read this: Chandler, are you related to a Berrett?

S.Morgan said...

Yes, they're all related,JG. I really like the Warnicks, though I don't know the older brother. Hey, I thought you caught me a fish last night (see Rocky Raccoon). And loved your list competition with James. The brownies and ceiling fan--whew. Saved me from mind numbing BYU-I web templates.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.