8/16/07

WC Class of 2003

While was lying awake the other night, I decided that I think that we should have a Writing Center reunion. There are a few stipulations on this reunion though. Stipulation 1: the reunion will have to until I am once again living in the West. I am done with the East, especially since today is sinfully hot and humid, but I am stuck here for about 2 and 1/2 years, so the reunion will have to wait until after then, because I am pretty sure that if this really does happen, I will be the one to organize it and we don't have money for airfare to do it any sooner. Give me a break, we're still students. Stipulation 2: although the WC is actually in the library, I think the most appropriate place to hold the reunion would be at Sharon's. This means that you cannot sell until after the reunion OR you must find buyers who will let us camp out at the house for a weekend or so.

My reasons for wanting a reunion? Other than my roommates, most of my really good friends from BYU-I came out of the WC and I think unless we (I) put together a reunion, we will never be at the same place at the same time again. Sharon and Em...imagine hanging out with Tanner, Jill, Tobias, Josh, Millie, Erin Grant, Shalese, Serena, Trevor, Tony the Tiger and yes, even Jared (but only if he brought Pam). Sharon, we could even invite Jenny Oscanyon and Tatum and even, if we got brave, Catherine Mann (oh boy, I haven't thought about her in FOREVER). Let me know what you think. I'm not trying to be overly nostalgic or anything, but I would really like to see some of old friends again, even if the meeting is a few years away.

1 comment:

Emily G said...

Yeah, Jen, it's a good idea. Sharon's place will always be a bit of a gathering spot...but if for some reason she's out getting a PhD somewhere or really had to sell, we ought to square away a campsite in Yellowstone or someplace touristy and nostalgic enough to be added incentive to pack up the spouse and kids and go. I would. Definitely.

I was in Virginia all last week and it WAS hot and humid except for the Tuesday we went to Kings Dominion...the high was about 85 degrees, the park was uncrowded with minimal lines, the funnel cakes were tasty and sweet, the wooden roller coasters gave us headaches and it was all around one of the most perfect theme park experiences I've ever been granted.