10/5/08

"Peace comes dropping slow"

My friend reminded me today of a character in a story I told her about. He was hurt and dying, trying to crawl along a desert floor toward his daughter. An evil Shaman stood over him and said, "I see two wolves at war in your heart--both powerful--one is dark and stained; one is light. Which one will win?" The man squinted at him through the blood running from his eyes and said, "Whichever one I feed the most."

I love this.

The Shaman spits on him and leaves. Then a beautiful bird lands by the man, and the man whispers, "Little Brother, I have treated you well all my life; help me now. Show me the way."

After conference weekend, I am humbled at the clear power of the Prophet to show us the way. I wrote down questions and fears I had. After the first session on Saturday, all had been answered and peace filled up the room. I took pictures of the leaves reflected in the river, of the trees, and sunset. I am amazed at all I have been blessed with, and at how fast my life can change. I am well. I am happy today. And I am stronger than I have been in a great while. This is not bragging. I am just back on the path I started many many years ago, and it feels safe, and it looks beautiful.

3 comments:

Emily G said...

It was good to see you this week. I need to read and read and read and read conference for more insights. Reading your post has helped. Miss you.

Megan said...

You are so beautiful, Mom

~b said...

I love you mom. I am so glad to hear these words come out of you-- words that tell me you're ok...even more than. And I love you're writing, even when in blog form. It all sounds so ripe and rich. I think that there is a book in you, now waiting. don't make it impatient...